Indiana Law

In the state of Indiana, there are different laws pertaining to alcohol. We know it can be confusing so if you have any questions- Please do not hesitate to contact us.

If your party is at a rented venue, or a venue open to the general public you must abide by the following laws. In order to have hard alcohol/ spirits you must hire a licensed caterer who holds a state issued 3 way license. They must supply, distribute, and account for all hard alcohol. We are not caterers, we are bartenders.

If you would like to serve beer, wine, champagne and malt based beverages, you either must go through a caterer, or hirer a bartender and obtain a temporary beer and wine permit. Under the permit the rules are as follows:

  1. The permit must obtained- Anybody can apply, no special licensing needed- The state of Indiana charges $50
  2. You must hirer a permitted bartender- THAT’S US
  3. You must submit a blueprint of the venue, with the bar location sectioned off, it must be visibly marked 21 and up
  4. If there are children attending the event, you must have a separate area with non alcoholic beverages
  5. Anybody can supply the beer, wine, champagne, wine alternatives, and malt based beverages- Must clearly state on the bottle, and must be under 21%
  6. Once the event has started, there can not be any carry in alcohol (no liquor store runs
  7. There is no carry out permitted
  8. At the end of the event all open must be dumped out, so no one is driving with open container

If the party is at a private residence, there are no laws stating, where the alcohol must be purchased from

%d bloggers like this: